Friday, August 29, 2008

da illest













After the conversation we had in class regarding bathroom graffiti, I remembered that I obsessively take pics with my phone of three things: weird stuff in other people's houses; funny license plates and/or weird cars; odd graffiti that mostly appears in bathrooms. 

It looks like there's a web site just for people like me who enjoy the latter of my camera-phone hobbies: graffiti projects.

But there's a new site I found not too long ago that also condenses my amusement with unique urban art, and combines my enjoyment of all things outdoors. It's all about green graffiti

I also used to be part of a movement that used a form of posterized graffiti, which was more crude than the post-modern sophisticated UK ideas that are posted here. It started with blown-up heads of Jeff Goldblum taken from "The Fly." Underneath the poster heads was printed the line, "Jeff Goldblum is watching you poop." We posted the "heads" on the backs of bathroom stalls; all of this was the brainchild of one of my peers at the University of North Texas, where we went to film school together. The original web site is gone, but you can find an example of the Goldblum posters here.

Next post I think I'll upload some of my pics from the cell phone. 

No comments: